test

Thursday, May 15, 2014

spring has sprung

Apologies for my long absence. For the past few months, things have been pretty crazy around here. Between working full-time during the day, tutoring at night, gardening/yard work, and more renovations, life just doesn't stop! And then, there's a day like today where the phone has been blessedly silent...

I have been supply teaching 4-5 days a week, sometimes having 3-4 different schools calling each morning. I mostly work in primary/junior division classrooms, either as a teacher, Early Childhood Educator, or Educational Assistant. However, I've also recently taught special ed and high school classes. I am enjoying the variety! There is always something new to learn from each school and class. Oh, and did I mention no prep work, marking, or report cards?! (Yeah, that's kind of my favourite part....!) Also, I have kept my current list of tutoring students (and even took on an additional one) and hope to take on a few more during the summer months.

After a miserably long, cold winter, I think it's safe to say that spring has finally sprung! What a joy it's been to finally start working in the garden, cutting the lawn, and going for walks! 








Oh yes, then there's the house renovations...! :S Several weeks ago, we completely emptied and gutted the kitchen.  


Including the floor.




And so, we are now camping out in our office. (Which is also the temporary living room, since the living room is being gutted next weekend.)



Our temporary kitchen looks like this:



So far, it's been working out ok. But I can't wait until I get to cook in this:



A few weeks ago, hubby and I were able to get away for a weekend. We went to Hamilton for a wedding, and we were also able to visit a few of my dear friends from university. 



We have one more wedding to attend this weekend, and then I'm fairly certain that every.single.one of our friends has officially tied the knot. (Bring on the baby showers and kids' birthday parties!)

So it has been a very busy--and at times, chaotic--spring so far. We have a lot of work to do in the next few months, so we covet your prayers (and some extra pairs of hands!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment