10 Highlights, Accomplishments, Best Memories:
1. Niagara Falls trip with Mr. Gryce
2. Watching my brother cut, rake and bale his first crop of hay
3. Tons of tutoring work
4. Summer walks with Mr. Gryce
5. Time spent with Kristin and Tanya
6. Hosting our first family dinner since we got married
7. Seeing my niece 3 evenings a week
8. Seeing Mr. Gryce and my brother continue to bond
9. Finishing the downstairs renos
10. Being happily married after all these years of renovations
10 Disappointments, Failures, Missed Opportunities:
1. Not exercising like I wanted to
2. Working with our contractor(s)
3. Not getting the job I wanted
4. Going over-budget on our renos
5. Not selling as much online as I hoped
6. Watching someone close to me get taken advantage of
7. Not being able to continue with counselling due to my crazy work schedule
8. Still not having a plan confirmed for next year's renovation project
9. Drifting apart from longtime friends
10. Not feeling connected at church
8 Things I've Learned
1. Take time to take care of yourself--physically, emotionally and spiritually. Take a nap, go out for dinner, have a phone date, go to counselling, join a small group, go to church.
2. Contractors are a dime a dozen but it's really hard to find a good one. Do your homework and don't settle for a half-ass job. Don't sign the check until you're not completely satisfied.
3. Never underestimate the power of social media. Can't get a big company or business to listen to you or take you seriously? Take it to Facebook!
4. Don't underestimate the importance of family. Proud of how my family has rallied and taken care of each other this year. Nobody messes with my family and gets away with it.
5. There are some perfectly rotten kids out there that make a teacher's life hell.
6. There are some really amazing kids (and a hefty paycheck) that can make it worth it.
7. Narcissists are dangerous; they will manipulate you, stab you in the back, and suck you dry. In the end, they will destroy you if you let them. Stay away from them at all costs.
8. I love Mr. Gryce more every day. We're almost 5 years into this relationship, and I can't imagine my life without him.
3 Things I Focused On:
2. Finishing the inside of the house
3. Building my tutoring business
3 Things Forgotten or Not Gotten Around to:
1. Eating better and exercising more
2. Writing/blogging more
3. Keeping the house clean
Thanks for stopping by...I'm thrilled to have blog readers representing 10 different countries--that's 8 more than I've traveled to! It's been a busy year for us and we're glad to be able to share it with you all. Wishing you and yours an awesome 2015! The best is yet to come.