test

Saturday, February 1, 2014

letting go

I've blogged quite a lot about friends who have abandoned me. This was something I wrote a number of years ago when I was the one who had to walk away:


letting go

scuffed boots
work-worn cap
faded blue jeans
calloused hands
sunburned face

you reach for me
search my eyes
my heart melts
in this moment
your strong embrace
feels so right

i pull away
avoid your gaze
your heart breaks
squealing tires
i'm all alone
feels so wrong

pink flip-flops
bleached blond hair
too-tight jeans
manicured hands
tear-stained face




Every ending brings a new beginning. I truly hope that wherever you are today, life is treating you well. Please forgive me for the pain I caused you those years ago. It hurt me too. One day, maybe we can look back and smile when we remember the good times we had before life got complicated. 




No comments:

Post a Comment